Raising your $10
How does a young child raise $10 for each 100 Kids Kingston meeting? Read our top ten list here.
Want to read about some children doing great things for their communities? Click on the links below for some inspiring ideas!
- Ten year old Kingston boy donates 13 inches of hair for the Cancer Society to help make wigs for people fighting cancer (March 2014)
- Ontario Girls’ lemonade stand raises thousands of dollars to find a cure for her ailing brother (April 2015)
- For her birthday, Kingston girl host a giving party in support of the Kingston Humane Society (June 2012)
Check out our amazing list of recommended reads for parents and children.
Money Matters - Learning while earning
Here are some ideas to start talking financial literacy with your kids.
Volunteer and Fundraising Opportunities in Kingston!
Are you someone who is looking for other ways to give back to your local community? There are numerous volunteer opportunities for families and kids right here in Kingston! Give you time, talents, and treasures and be a 100 Kids Kingston champion throughout the year!
Canadian Cancer Society:
Kids of all ages can donate their hair to the Canadian Cancer Society. Donated hair is used to make wigs for patients undergoing cancer treatment.
Kingston Humane Society:
Children under the age of 14 can help the Humane Society by creating posters showing proper pet care which they will gladly display around the shelter, or they can organize their own fundraisers or donation drives!
The mission of Almost Home is to provide a place of comfort and respite for families whose children are receiving medical treatment in Kingston area hospitals. You can help this great organization by donating their most-needed items. Download the list here.
Volunteering in the Community
- Organize a food and toy drive for the local animal shelter
- Help stock the local food pantry
- Volunteer to help a younger neighbor with homework
- Make Valentine cards for the residents of a retirement home
- Participate in a local clean-up day
- Make brownies for new neighbours
- Join a local service organization
- Ask for donations to a local homeless shelter rather than gifts at your next birthday party
- Donate proceeds from a lemonade stand to a charity of your choice
- Purchase gifts for a needy family during the holiday season